Monday, December 10, 2012

Elf on the Shelf

I first heard about Elf on the Shelf (or maybe just paid attention to) during Christmas last year. I wasn't able to do it last year, but I have kept it in mind for this year. The only thing was that I couldn't hardly swallow the $30 price tag. A couple of weeks ago Barnes and Noble had an online flash sale and they were selling the girl Elf on the Shelf set for $13.69. I snagged that right up! When it came in, I read Chloe Jo the book and explained to her that every morning she would find the elf doing all sorts of things. She named our elf Dora and we have had fun doing Elf on the Shelf!

Day 1: Dora rode in on a reindeer with a letter she wrote just for Chloe Jo!


This is the letter. Chloe Jo thought it was great and it now hangs on our refrigerator.


Day 2: Dora was found driving a van through the living room.


Day 3: Dora and Ken went on a movie date!


Day 4: Barbie was not happy about Dora and Ken's date.


I've been having just as much fun setting up these scenes as Chloe Jo is finding them!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Alvin (our elf) is taking a marshmallow bath this morning :) I was awful about moving him around last year, but thanks to Pinterest, I am doing much better this year!

Angie said...

I absolutely can't wait to do this with my son next year. He's only 2 right now so I don't think he would have understood it this year. I have like a million ideas already pinned on Pinterest!