Saturday, December 8, 2012

Kiev, Ukraine Journal - 3-4-1996 and 3-5-1996

This entry begins our 1996 trip.

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 14! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

March 4, 1996

This is the big day! We woke up around 7:00 am. We did everything we needed and got in the van that VB drove us to the airport in around 8 o'clock on Monday morning. We had to wait two hours and thirty minutes to board the plane. We landed in Memphis about two hours later. Jeremy and Shawna were waiting for us at our terminal. They stayed and talked with us for about forty-five minutes. After we said our goodbyes we all boarded the plane to Boston. We were fed only peanuts and coke. None of us had eaten scince this morning around 7. Chelley hadn't eaten at all. The flight to Boston took about 3 hourse. It was not fun. I sat there and had an earache to whole time. We got to Boston around 6 o'clock. We left Boston at around 8 o'clock and headed for Amsterdam. The flight attendants brang around supper shortly after we boarded. It was the most disgusting meal I think I've ever had. Then we watched this stupid movie about a lady who died and left a chest full of stuff about an affair she had with another man. It was one of the dumbest movies I've seen in a long time. :-)

P.S. There was snow in Boston.

March 5, 1996

We woke up at around 6:00 A.M. by the flight attendants handing hot wash rags to use. Shortly after they gave us those they served us a fairly good breakfast of orange juice, a strawberry yogurt, and a banana. It was actually the best plane meal I've ever had. Usually they are totally disgusting. We arrived in Amsterdam at 8:00 A.M. We waited to board our plane to Kiev for about an hour. It wasn't that bad. But, when we got to Amsterdam there was an army dude that was dressed in a spiffy blue uniform holding a machine gun. I didn't feal very comfy around him. We arrived in Kiev at 3:00 P.M. C came to pick us up at the Kiev National Airport. He hired a van to drive us to our flat. We then saw D and R. After they left and we got settled in to our flat K2 and S came over to get some things that we had for them. They stayed and talked to use for about 15 minutes. That's about all that happened today. :-)

No comments: