Saturday, November 24, 2012

Kiev, Ukraine journal - 11-27-94 and 11-28-94

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 12! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

11-27-94

Today we went to Left Bank. After class we had a diner. There were these yuck minnows for lunch. People were tearing there heads off and eating them raw. We also had this yuck bread, too. It had square peices of fat on them. It was disgusting. Then Seargae took us home and we had a real lunch. Our lunch was a good healthy lunch without raw minnows. Michelle and I then took a nap. Mom kept waking me up because she said I wouldn't sleep tonight. I slept like a log.

*Apparently I was unimpressed by the Ukrainian cuisine.

11-28-94

R called us early this morning to see if we wanted to spend the night. Dad said we couldn't because we had to go to Bogdon and Maria's. We had to eat supper there. Instead of sleeping over we spent the day (until around 7) with R. We left R's around 5:00 and met mom and F at Levo Bereshna at 5:30. We met the guys at Poly Technique institute around 6:30. The JL took us to their house. For supper we had rice and bread and meat. It was pretty good. Then Bogdon, dad, and I all had paper airplane fights. We went home and went to bed after that.

*"Levo Bereshna" and "Poly Technique institute" are both metro stops in Kiev.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out on my blog today - http://abcoulter.blogspot.com/2012/11/what-im-loving-wednesday_28.html! xoxo!