Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011 and New Year Resolutions

Wow. I can't believe it is already 2011. I have to say that 2010 was one of the worst years of our marriage. It was also a wonderful year with our daughter. Here's to a new year! 2010, I will not miss most of you (only the babyhood of my precious girl)!

Here are my new years resolutions!

1. Become a better student of the Bible. I am really good about my daily Bible reading, but I need to throw some more study books into the mix.
2. Continue my fertility diet for at least the next six months. Hopefully I won't need it for that long, but I'm not really holding my breath. Also, I've been horrible about my diet the last couple of weeks so I am basically starting over.
3. Read at least 12 books from my 100 Greatest Novels list. I did get through 16 books this year. I am currently reading War and Peace and it is going pretty slow. It's a huge book.
4. Pay off the majority of the credit card. This also entails not using it this year. Or not using it as much anyway. I'm excited that we are stable enough (as in moved and a steady preaching position) that we can really focus on this now.
5. The Lisa/Jessica Project. I want to continue making 2 new dishes from the cookbook each week and blogging about it.
6. I want to have better dental hygiene and I want to teach Chloe Jo better dental hygiene. We always brush our teeth in the morning. In the evening...eh...not so much. We need to start brushing them at least 2 times a day.
7. Be better stewards of the Earth. This includes continuing our weekly recycling which includes cardboard, glass and cans. We plan to create a compost barrel for our food scraps. Also, I need to start recycling paper. I am going to get a 2nd trashcan just for our paper products.
8. Finish Russ' school scrapbooks. I think this was on my list for 2009. HA! Seriously, though, I need to at least finish those up!
9. Finish the "Pray without Ceasing" cross stitch. I have been working on this for entirely too long! I started it when I first realized that getting pregnant was not going to be easy for us. It has a baby praying with adult hands around the babies hands in the praying position. It is beautiful.
10. I have 2 blankets that I have started crocheting and I need to finish them. One of them is for Russ and I started it before we got married 6 years ago! It's high time I finish it. The other one I started in November so it's not a huge priority.

Hopefully I will do as good or better with these resolutions as I did with last years!

Happy 2011 Blogger Peeps!

1 comment:

Audrey S. J. said...

Great post! Love your resolutions :-) So many seem to be greatly focused, & are great for all of us to pay attention to!
Was wondering-what cookbook are you talking about?
Also, I think my son is the same age as your little girl--isn't it a great learning experience?!
God bless you!