Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day

Russ, Chloe Jo and I went out of town so Russ could preach today so we celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday. I got up at 8:30 a.m. to feed Chloe Jo and Russ brought me a card and present. Chloe Jo and he bought me a pair of diamond earrings. Love them! They are gorgeous and I will treasure them! Then I got to choose what I wanted for breakfast. I had Russ pick up some Waffle House (mmm...cheesy eggs and a waffle). Then we just hung out at home with Chloe Jo. I also got to choose what I wanted for lunch and I chose pizza. I know, I'm the most expensive wife ever! Russ did have to go to work at 2:30 p.m. and then I ended up at Urgent Care with Chloe Jo that afternoon.

This day is enormously special since it took us so long to get here. I know that I've waited 4 years to be able to celebrate today as a Mother. I also know that many of you that read have been hoping for that very thing for as long or longer than I have. I hate that anyone has to go through even a small part of what we did to become parents. I understand the hurt, the frustration, the endless mornings temping and using ovulation kits. I also understand the hope that lies within the hearts of families wanting to have babies. I sincerely hope that if you weren't able to celebrate Mother's Day this year, you will be able to next year.
Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Lisa.

M said...

Happy first Mother's day! What a beautiful gift!

And thank you for your kind words.

Kriss said...

The earrings are beauitful! Yay to Russ and Chloe for being so thoughtful!! -kriss