Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's Official - I'm a Moron

Okay, maybe moron is a little too harsh. Hopeful. That's better.

I called that marketing company back to schedule a time for the second interview. A girl answered the phone (not the same one that called me) and acted like she didn't know what I was talking about. I explained that I had already been pre-screened and the man told me to call back to schedule a time for the second interview. She set me an appointent for today at 2:00 p.m.

I showed up at 1:45 p.m. as they requested and the girl (I went to church with her a few years ago and she is a friend of the girl who recommended me to the company) who was greeting today told me to fill out the same application I had sort of filled out on Tuesday. I went ahead and she asked a few questions. We chatted a bit about the church I attend and the friend who recommended me.

After a few minutes I was called back to interview along with another guy. I was just thinking that this is retarded and I shouldn't have wasted my time. Two people interviewing at the same time is not a good sign. The man interviewing today was the same guy that was greeting and was rude to me Tuesday. He started talking about the position and I asked him if it was a work from home position. He said no. I said that was what I was told when the company called me and that I wasn't interested. He said that's okay and asked me to leave through a second door in the office leading out into the hallway. He made me feel like I had wasted his time and the fact that I couldn't leave through the lobby made me feel like I was tainted or something. I wish I had went back into the lobby and just yelled at everyone to get out and that it was a scam! Though, making a fool of myself wouldn't have done anything productive besides made me feel better for a couple minutes.

I just don't understand why they contacted me, told me that it was a work from home position, had me come Tuesday to "interview" and told me then that it was a work from home position, then had me come in again today and changed the story. It was a complete waste of my time. If I see the girl who recommended me anytime soon I am going to have words with her. I also am going to complain on the website of the company. The whole situation was just ridiculous and I feel like such an idiot. Though, if I hadn't went today I would always wonder if I had missed a chance. Now I don't wonder.
Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

3 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

What a piece of work! Some people.

You're right. You know you aren't missing anything by not working there.

Miss Tori said...

On the application you filled out, you didn't provide them with your SSN did you? They could really be identity thiefs, you've got to be careful with this stuff.

Melissa said...

Wow, that really stinks that they wasted your time like that. They could have told you right out that it wasn't a WAH position. When they told me who recommended me for the position, I still didn't know who she was. I don't think I've ever talked to her. Definitely better you found out now that it wasn't right.