Saturday, May 16, 2009

Aunt Diana


Monday morning, my father called to tell me that my Aunt Diana (who has been battling leukemia for 9 months) wasn't doing well at all. My Mom had just went to see her and had arrived home on Sunday. It was Monday and they were getting things in order to go see her again. She lives about a 5 hour drive from where we live. I hung up the phone and realized how serious this had become. I talked to Russ and we decided that I should go, too. I called Mom back and she said that was fine. I packed a bag for myself and packed up a ton of stuff for Chloe Jo. Mom and Dad came to pick me up and we went to their house so they could pack their bags. We were on the road within a couple of hours.


Mom told me that the doctors and Aunt Diana's family had made the decision to take her off of comfort care and that it was just a matter of time. This process had the potential to take a couple of hours or a couple of weeks.


We arrived at the hospital at 8:00 p.m. that evening. Mom and Dad went to her room to see her while I sat with Chloe Jo in the waiting room with some other family. I was able to go see her after Dad came back and took Chloe Jo. I was able to say hello to her and I just sat with her and my Mother and Aunts for a while. She didn't know I was there, but I'm so glad that I was able to see her that evening.


Tuesday morning Mom recieved a call from Aunt Diana's daughter that she had passed away. Her struggle with leukemia had been long and difficult, but that disease can not cause her pain anymore. She has gone to be with the Lord and we are so thankful that she isn't in pain.


Russ was able to come Wednesday to be with us as well as my sister and brother Jeremy and their families. Visitation was on Thursday evening and the funeral was Friday morning. My other brother, Shane was able to make it to the funeral.


This has been an extremely tough week for us and especially Aunt Diana's husband and children. Please pray with us for her family and friends.

Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

10 comments:

The Vincents said...

Our prayers are with you and your family.

Jen said...

So sorry. I will be thinking about your family.

Heather said...

I'm sooo sorry. My prayers are with your family.

P.S.

She knew you were there.

Lauren said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.

Christina said...

Sorry for your loss.

Kriss said...

I wondered why you weren't online, it's unlike you. I am very sorry for your familys loss, huge hugs. -Kriss
Ps. Are you on facebook? I am Kriss Stewart if you are.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your Aunt. Thoughts and Prayers are with y'all

elephantscanremember said...

I am very sorry to hear of your family's loss. Illness can be so hard on everyone.

(Hugs) to you all.

You are in my prayers.

Nikki said...

I'm sorry Lisa. Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Ashley said...

Prayers for you and your family. It's never easy to lose a loved one. Take care of yourself.