Friday, January 2, 2009

Doctor Appointment Update and Etc.

I just got back from a doctor appointment this morning. Everything looks good. There wasn't any protein in my urine and my blood pressure was good. I got to hear Chloe's heartbeat again. She's such a cute and sweet little girl and I can't wait to get to hold her in my arms instead of my rapidly expanding uterus! I go back in 4 weeks and that is when I will be getting my glucose tolerance test and my rhogam shot.

My OB was in a really good mood today...though that is normal for him. He told me that he really likes that my old doctor sends him so many of his patients because we appreciate our baby's a lot more than the 15 and 16 year olds that he sees. He also said that when you are 15 or 16 you can have sex at any time of the month and get pregnant to which I responded with "If only I was a whore in high school." I know, crude, but I got a huge laugh out of it and he went and told his nurse (who is one of my old doctor's patients) what I said!

The downside of the appointment today was my weight. Either my scale is off or their scale is off. I was sent to an exam room that I had never been in so it could have been partly their scales. I figure my scale at home is more accurate because we spent the money for a quality scale, we don't move it around and I weigh about every 2 days. Anyway, their scale said that I gained 13 pounds in a month. WHAT!?!?!? I am wearing some pretty heavy boots today, but I'm not sure they are that heavy. They are probably about 3 or 4 pounds. My scale at home said yesterday morning that I have gained 12.5 pounds over all. I did end up losing a few after the Christmas festivities. So, I'm going to blame it on their scales being off from each other, my big heavy boots, and the chicken fried steak I ate last night. The nurse did say that since I hadn't gained hardly anything before that, that it was just fine that I gained that much in a month and my OB didn't say anything at all about it. We'll see what happens at the next appointment.

Russ and I played Wii for a couple of hours yesterday. I played Wii Fit and finally made myself an account so I could track my weight and my excercise. It told me that I'm overweight, but it didn't ask if I am pregnant so I guess I can't blame it. I put my goal as gaining 15 pounds over the next 4 months. Maybe I'll get that, maybe I'll go over.

On the work front, I was promoted in the middle of November. I haven't been able to move to my new position yet, though. This is very frustrating because this means that I get to deal with Coworker until my big boss says I can move upstairs. We work in the basement so I have to deal with only her all day. Last year, she had taken all of her FMLA, sick leave, and vacation by August. That's 17 weeks that she missed in 7 months. She does this every single year. She is one of those people that there is always something wrong. Always a crisis. I get so tired of hearing her gripe and complain about her pathetic life. I don't have any sympathy for her at all anymore. I took the week of Christmas off and I came back the Monday after and there were stacks of bills that hadn't been processed. During the 17 or so weeks she was gone, I never once had bills left over from Friday. Sometimes on a Monday I would have to carry over to Tuesday, but I never left anything over the weekend. Of course she had an excuse. She had a tooth ache all week. Wah wah wah. I just want to tell her off, but I won't because I don't want to be fired over that. She needs to be fired but no one can because we are in the Union. This is one of the biggest drawbacks to the union. I'm thankful that I am union because my job is secure (or at least the most secure it can be during this time), but I hate it that it enables people like Coworker to play the system and get away with it. Coworker was here every day from August on because her job was threatened if she didn't come in. Since she had used all of her FMLA then the government or Union couldn't protect her. Well, I came in this morning and guess who isn't feeling good and isn't coming in? That's right. Coworker. And it begins again. I can't deal with this for much longer and I really hope I'll be moving upstairs within the next week.

That's it for now. I had a lot to say today. Hope I didn't bore you all to death!
Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

No comments: