Saturday, June 1, 2013

Kiev, Ukraine Journal - 3-6-1997 and 3-7-1997

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 14! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

3-6-1997

At twelve thirty I went with the Cs to that hamburger joint. The hamburgers were really good. We got take out and we ate on a bench on Crashabik street. Chelley and C then went on a date and J went home. On the way to the joint there were these men selling pictures. They all had monkeys and you could pay to have your picture taken with one. Well one man came up to us and the monkey got on C's arm. I put my arm out and it got onto mine. The monkey was so cute. It tried to grab my braces but I didn't let it. Then I went with R to a really nice dollar store. I bought some ice cream and a Kinder Suprise. The ice cream was strawberry swirl. It hit the spot. In my Kinder Suprise I got a man with a rake and a basket. I was an Egyptian. It had a cloth had that went down to its shoulders like the one King Tut wore.

*My Dad told me later that the monkeys were trained to be pick-pockets and that is why it tried to grab my braces.

3-7-1997

Mom and I went with R and Julie to learn how to make Palamini at K2s. It was really fun. It took most of the day. First you had to make the dough. You had to knead it alot. Then we had to cut up onions and ground up the meat. We rolled out the dough and put it on the molds. We had to get each little piece of meat and put it in each little hole. Then we rolled out more dough and put it over the meat and mold. We rolled the dough until the mold's showed through. It took a long time. Then later we went to the Cs for a bible studie.

No comments: