Saturday, June 29, 2013

Kiev, Ukraine Journal - 3-16-1998 and 3-17-1998

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 15! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

3-16-1998

*This entry begins our 1998 trip.

Well, off we go to Kiev. We left Tulsa at 1:30 to fly to Atlanta. Very uneventful flight it was. I like looking out the window at the ground on the plane. When we are above the clouds it's neat to watch them. It looks like a bunch of cotton strewn accross the sky. I am glad they didn't serve a dinner on the first flight. It would have cursed the whole trip. LOL. I read and listened to my walkman all the way to Atlanta. Atlanta's airport is the neatest. I remembered most of it from last year and I like it a lot. The posters and paintings on the walls are cool. I love the transportation. The airport has it's very own subway. I can't wait to get to Kiev. I am so excited. I hate airplane food. It is the #2 oxymoron in the world. LOL

*I wonder what the #1 oxymoron in the world is?

3-17-1998

That stupid stewardess lady! I was sleeping and she scared me waking me up. I didn't even touch the breakfast she put in front of me. A different one dropped yogurt all down Chelles clothes. LOL. The movie on the plane was so stupid. It was about the company called CRS and a huge birthday party. Vienna's airport is nice but all the smoke from cigarrettes makes me nausis. (However you spell that) We got into the waiting room to board the plane and I could already smell the Ukraine smell. Yuck. Then at Borispol the customs guy wanted to see all of our money. Dad argued with him about it and we didn't have to show him after all. I was glad. The ride to our flat was ok. K1 has this thing about insulting me, though. Jeremy, K1, S, and Anatole were at the airport to pick us up. K1 had made up a sign for us. (As a joke). We got to our flat around 3:00. Home Sweet Home. We had 5 extra trunks to take up to the flat...on the 6th floor. The elevator wouldn't be able to make it up all the way so a few of us went up in the elevator with a bunch of the luggage. The last of the luggage went up without me so stupid me decided to sprint up the stairs to see if I could make it before the elevator. I made it about 4 seconds after. Then we went and ate with D and R for supper.

*My brother, Jeremy and his wife, Shawna, live in Kiev for 7 months for a college project.

No comments: