Saturday, January 19, 2013

Kiev, Ukraine Journal - 3-16-1996 and 3-17-1996

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 14! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

3-16-1996

I woke up today at 5:30 A.M. I was freezing, so I got another blanket and went back to sleep. THen when I woke up at 8:00 R was reading a book. D made drop donuts. They were so delicious. During breakfast R and I watched Snow White. I was really dissapointed. I thought Disney films were always good. Well, not this one. Then we played a game called mind master. It was cool. After that we gave ourselves makeovers. We looked like a couple of pigeons. At 5:00 that night we met my family to go to the Boston Burger. It was good, For Ukrainian stuff. After we ate we all got ice cream. Mine was the first so it stood up. C's was the last and when dad gave it to him it all fell out onto his hands. It was so funny R started hamburger chucks all over the place. It was the most disgusting thing you could ever see. :)

3-17-1996

This Wednesday will be the half way point for our trip. We went to Centre again today. It was good services. KS preached on obeidiance again. After that we and R all went down St. Andrews street. It's the one with souvoniers you can buy with American dollars. I bought a stacking doll with green, gold, and brown on it. I got it priced down 2 dollars. We spend about 30 minutes on that street because we had to be at the Cs by 5:00 for supper. When we got to the Cs it was 5:15. We played fictionary first and then taboo. I was awful at taboo and fictionary. Supper was chili with pasta. D is such a great cook. It was the best chili after mom's. We also had bread and cabbage. :)

No comments: