Friday, March 11, 2011

The Lisa/Jessica Project: Chicken Nuggets

Recipe: Chicken Nuggets
Puree: broccoli
Reaction: So glad I didn't quit this series because these were YUMMY!
I am extremely happy with this recipe and we will definitely do these again! I have to confess that I did do a few things differently, but I don't think it mattered in terms of the taste. The recipe calls for garlic powder and onion powder, neither of which I had in my cabinet. I thought I had both, but apparently I was mistaken. So, instead of those, I used garlic salt and onion flakes. The recipe also calls for 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese and I went ahead and added some more. I also changed the way these are cooked. Jessica favors cooking in the skillet with a little bit of olive oil. I prefer baking most things so after I made the nuggets, I laid them out on a cookie sheet. I baked them for 15 minutes, flipped them and baked them for another 15 minutes. It worked out great and, like I said above, we LOVED them! Chloe Jo even had two helpings. Of course, who doesn't like chicken nuggets? I do have to say that the next time I make them, I will probably skip the puree. There wasn't enough puree in there to make that much of a difference. I ate 6 nuggets and I doubt I had even one serving of broccoli in them. It's too much work to steam and then puree the vegetable to not have a fair amount in the food.

No comments: