Saturday, February 28, 2009

Weight Ramblings

I woke up this morning thinking that I would go for a nice, long walk...until I looked out the window. It had snowed which told me right off that I wouldn't be taking a walk. It wasn't that cold, wasn't that slick, but I definitely didn't want to chance it.

I haven't worked out with the Wii in a week. The scale was super scary this morning. It really is interesting to see how my body reacts when I don't exercise, but still somewhat watch what I eat. Okay, maybe the chocolate ice cream Wednesday evening or the two cups of hot chocolate Thursday evening weren't the best ideas. It definitely showed on the scale.

People at work say I'm doing great. I am hard on myself and they know it. I have struggled with weight for years and I'm simply tired of being that big. I'm not going to die because of health problems that I could have prevented. I don't want Chloe growing up with lazy parents. I can't help how I was. I can only change how I am. I can't prevent an accident from taking my life but, I can prevent heart disease related to obesity or other health problems related to the way I live.

I be completely realistic about where I am and how I've been doing, I went ahead and tried on my favorite pair of pre-preggo jeans in my closet. The scale may say one thing, but my jeans slid right on with no tugging involved. I even got them zipped and buttoned...only because they are low-rise. Were they comfortable to have buttoned? No. They cut into my baby bump, but the fact that I could button them made me happy. Girls keep telling me that the weight is all baby and they seem to be right so far.

I did go to the gym tonight. I walked for an hour on the treadmill. I only walked at 3 MPH, but I'm glad that I did it. Maybe I'll start doing that instead of the Wii. I am going to continue the yoga on the Wii, but the jogging in place in the living room is getting too hard. I have too big of a belly bearing down on my bladder for that. Oh well, the jogging was short lived anyway. Though, knowing that I actually enjoyed for a time tells me that maybe I'll start doing that after Chloe is born. What a switch that would be.

Anyway, I just wanted to get some of that out. I know reading about my weight issues is exhausting and I am way too obsessed. But, like I have said in the past, blogging about it helps me deal and helps keep me on the right track so I'm going to continue for now. I already have my goals lined up for weight loss after giving birth. I will share that with you all at some point.

I hope you are all having a great weekend and those of you in the area are staying warm.
Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

No comments: