Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Bit of a Vent

Ok, this is actually going to be a few vents so get ready. If you don't make it to the end, I totally don't blame you. Who really wants to read a bunch of whining, poor me, poor me stuff? I just need an outlet today.

1. I hate it when people ask me how I'm feeling and then proceed to argue with me if I say I'm doing great. A lot of people think I should be completely miserable right now and I'm just not. Maybe I'm ignoring everything because I know I'm lucky to be pregnant, but I'm really feeling good. I know this guy who likes to ask me how I'm doing. Then when I say I'm doing good, he proceeds to tell me how I'm going to be really sick and be down for three weeks after labor. Last night, he asked me and started to go on about how pregnancy is going to make me feel. I cut him off and told him that I jogged 4 1/2 miles the night before. He didn't have much to say to me after that, thank goodness.

2. I hate the fact that people find it necessary to tell me what I should and shouldn't be eating. First, I am horribley anal about that and don't really need anyone else being anal, too. I know I border on obsessed....ok, AM obsessed....about my weight and I am very in control of what I eat. Last night, there is a lady that my Mom and I know. She was telling us how her and her family had recieved a care package with a ton of candy in it. She said they kept a little bit, but were trying to get rid of it and asked if either of us wanted any. Then she proceeds to look at me and say "oh, but Chloe doesn't need any of that so you can't have any", turns her back to me and continues offering the candy to Mom. Granted, I probably wouldn't have accepted the offer, but am I the only one that thinks it's a little rude to offer and then retract within 2 seconds?

3. I have been covering for that girl I used to work with this week. She's "sick" again. I actually don't mind going downstairs as long as she isn't there. I liked my old job, I just couldn't be around her anymore. I have found out, though, that they have removed a lot of what the job was. First, I went and trained a very nasty woman to take over data entry so I knew that she didn't have that part of the job anymore and I was ok with that. Then I found out this week that the morning routine has completely changed...as in gone away. She doesn't have to go get the bills, go through the bills to pull out ones that aren't supposed to go out, print the stack of papers we used to have to print, nothing. This morning routine usually took anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes depending on what all we had to pull and how much paperwork there was. I guess it doesn't really matter much and I shouldn't care, but this is where I'm coming from: last year that girl missed 17 weeks of work. This year (and there are a few of us in the building with calendars to keep track of this) that girl has already missed 11 days...and we aren't even through February yet! Half of the job has been done away with so she doesn't have to deal with it. But, and this is what irritates me, last year when she was gone for half of the summer at "an inhouse counseling center" (read: rehab, though that was never confirmed to me) I was expected to get everything done with minimal help. I had help in the mornings from time to time and that was it. I kept up with the mail, the bills, and the data entry. But, because she "can't handle it" (read: is lazy and won't actually do any work), resposibility is slowly being taken away from her. Do you think her paycheck is smaller? Of course not! We're union and that would be horrible.

Whoo, it feels great to get all of that off my chest! Congrats if you've made it this far. I'm sure it was horribley boring for you.

Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh - I've written so many poor me poor me posts. It's your blog - you're totally entitled to write what you please here! :-)

I don't like being told what to eat and what not to eat either. It's sort of like how the fertiles give advice - "just relax" or "go on vacation" etc. Frustrating!

Kriss said...

That just surprises me that they would left her keep her job. Amazing! -kriss

Amy said...

Hi,

I think that you are justified in feeling like people are silly to think that just because you are pregnant you are supposed to be miserable. Everyone has horror stories, but it is always best NOT to tell a pregnant lady that she is going to be sick for 3 weeks after birth. Some people want everyone to be miserable.

Second, some people don't have very good manners. It is YOUR choice what you eat and don't eat. The bottom line is that no one should be making the decision that you shouldn't have something because you are pregnant. You are grown and have the right to answer for yourself, and your LO.

Third, Having to take up slack for someone who is just too busy with life to work should not still be working. It is not fair that others have to take on the job duties of someone else when they aren't there. If she is that "sick" why not find something to do at home? I am just amazed that she has not been fired. Sounds like to me some people get all the breaks. If that we me I would have been gone long ago.

I think that we all need to vent. You have no reason to feel like because of what you feel about a situation or another person that makes your feelings of no invalid. You should be able to say what you feel and not be judged. Not to mention that we live in a free country and have the right to free speech. You also have to remember that some people are just ignorant of anything that goes on around them, and they are in their own little world. Sounds to me like you are surrounded. ;)

I Believe in Miracles said...

Belly pats to make you feel better too!!!

Sasha said...

Made it through. ;) That's great that you are taking such good care of yourself. I've gained 30 lbs in the last three years and I'm not sure why.. It's very frustrating!

Hollie said...

I did make it to the end!

1. I'm so glad you are feeling so great! People got on my nerves too.
2. People should mind their own business, but they never do.
3. Sorry about the crappy work situation. Just remember, you did a great job and will continue to do a great job. People will notice that. Unions have pluses and minuses for sure. And... you will get a nice long break from work before too long.