Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ladies Day!

There are three Ladies Day flyers on the bulletin board at the church building right now. I love going to Ladies' Days and was excited to see one in the town that the Preaching School we visited in August is in. Since I am *sorta* familiar with the town, I decided to go. I invited the ladies from our congregation to go and one lady went with me. I also left Chloe Jo home with Daddy so I could go and enjoy the lessons without having to worry about her. This was the first time I have left Chloe Jo for that long! It was very nice to be able to take notes and follow along in my Bible during the lessons.

The theme of the day was "Casting all your care upon Him." It is very funny how God works in our lives. I really needed this day and the lessons presented. I am horrible about worrying about things and not just trusting that they will work out. We had three speakers who each spoke about 30 minutes. The first was from the American Cancer Society and talked about ways to get information about cancer, volunteer and programs that they do. The second lady spoke about women of the Bible who cast their cares upon God. The third lady spoke about why and how we can cast our cares on Him. They both presented very good lessons. There were a couple of fun "get-to-know-you" games and a lunch afterwards.

The thing I enjoyed most was the singing. There were probably over 100 women there and the singing was incredible. The church of Christ does not use mechanical instruments and one of the things I love about that is being able to hear the words of the song and them not being drowned out by keyboards or guitars. It makes for an incredible song service. The "video" below is one of the songs we sang. It just doesn't properly convey being in the middle of 100 women singing praises to God.

No comments: