Saturday, June 19, 2010

Backpack Attack!

The church that we are members of doesn't do children's church so all the babies and little kids are in the auditorium for the worship time. I've been really working with Chloe Jo on sitting still and being quiet. I hate taking her to the nursery now because all she does is cry and I can't hardly stand it. I feel like I haven't been able to hear a sermon for 14 months! Okay, that's not entirely true. She does good a lot of the time and I usually get to hear at least half of the sermons. One of her favorite things to do is unzip the diaper bag and dig through it. This, unfortunately makes a mess in the pew because she has to take everything out of it. I try to really discourage this, but she loves bags and purses and going through things so much that I decided to get her her very own bag. I put a couple of books, her bible, some snacks and a few quiet toys in it for her to play with during the service. We took it Wednesday evening and it worked great for the devotional! The real test will be whether it works as well during the long services on Sundays!

Isn't she adorable with her big mini-backpack!?!?

Even though it's a mini-backpack it is still a little large for her and I need to figure out something to do with the straps before she trips on them. Of course, I will probably end up carrying the bag most of the time. She did trip (on her shoe, not the straps) Wednesday evening after bible class and fell flat on her face in one of the aisles in the auditorium. The poor girl couldn't even get up because her backpack was weighing her down. When we got out of the auditorium, Russ and I realized that her nose was bleeding a tiny bit. When I say "flat on her face," that's not an exageration!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

I feel better that I'm not the only mom who never gets to hear a sermon! This morning Boo was way too cranky to even go to church at all. We have a backpack we got on etsy that we got his name on that is smaller. I really hope Chloe did ok at church