Thursday, September 3, 2009

Progress Report

Chloe Jo is growing up so quickly! She's not even 5 months yet, but time has flown since she was born. I can't believe it's already fall out and that the year is almost over. Is it just me or does time seem to go faster and faster the older you get?

Anyway, on to Chloe Jo's progress. By my scale, she weighs 13.5 pounds, but that is probably not accurate because my scale only weighs in 1/2 pounds increments. I did try to measure her and came up with 25 1/2 inches, but it's really hard to measure a wiggly baby so who know if her pediatricians office would agree with that. I do know she has had quite a growth spurt because her 3-6 month sleepers are just fitting. In a few more weeks she will probably outgrow them in length. She is still as skinny as ever. It seems like there's not a bit of fat on her little body. Well....maybe on her thighs!

Here is a picture of the latest thing Chloe Jo has learned to do. Sorry about it not being centered. I had to act fast to get the picture before she toppled over!

"Look at me and my bad self. I am so awesome sitting up all by myself!"

I started giving her peas on Sunday. She wasn't sure about them the first time, but I tried them again at supper time and she loved them! I give her half of a Gerber container and a little bit of oatmeal or rice. Her pediatrician recommended only doing one veggie at a time in case she has a reaction so I have one more day of peas for her and then we are going to move on to a different veggie. I'll probably give her squash or sweet potatoes next. I do think I made the right choice starting her on solids at 4 months. First, it was what her pediatrician recommended. Second, it seems to settle her stomach. She doesn't spit up nearly as much which is always nice for Momma! Another upside to that is that her outfit doesn't have to be changed 5 times a day.

She has made it through Wednesday evening bible class two weeks in a row now. I'm so happy about that. I want her to enjoy bible class and I want to be able to stay in the 3 yeard old class. For a while I thought I was going to have to give up helping teach, but maybe I won't. She has been going to bible class since she was 5 days old. She actually stayed with me in the 2's and 3's until 6 weeks when I decided to let her go into the cradle roll class by herself. Anyway, progress in that area makes me happy. Plus, her teachers said she was happy the whole time!

That's it for now. As always, thanks for reading blogger buddies!

P.S. My followers went from 20 last week to 26 this week. Wow! That excites me anyway...yes, I'm easily excitable.

3 comments:

Mainly a midwife said...

Oh man. I knew Addison was a big baby but when I read that Chloe was 13 lbs it was confirmed. Addison weighed in at 12 lbs 15 oz at her 8 week appointment. Everyone keeps telling me that she's huge. Now I know that she's huge. She's been in her 3-6 months clothes for 3 weeks now. Oh my goodness.

Hollie said...

She is precious. Boo is long and skinny too.

Jen said...

I can't believe how big she is getting. She will be crawling and walking before you know it.