Friday, November 21, 2008

Weight Gain Chart

I found this pregnancy weight gain chart on the internet this morning. I was wanting to know where I stand in my weight gain compared to what is "normal". The red dots are my weight gain so far. I'm in the low range. My doctor hasn't said anything about it so I'm not worried, but I am gaining weight more quickly now. I am going to try to keep from gaining too much this holidy season *laugh, laugh, snort*. We'll see what happens. I am well within my goal of 25 to 30 pounds for this pregnancy.

I'm really proud of myself about this weight issue. I worked really hard to get into a healthy range for my height and age. I don't want to ruin that by going crazy during pregnancy. I also am planning on starting back walking again. After the bleeding scares, I stopped walking and I can tell how out of shape I have gotten in just a short amount of time. I can't even walk up the stairs to first floor with a box of work without getting winded now. Some of that could be that my belly is expanding and pushing my innards into my rib cage, but not all of it. I shouldn't have completely stopped in the first place. I was scared and let that cloud my judgement. I won't be doing anything strenuous. Just a walk during lunch and maybe one in the evening if I feel up to it.

For now, I'm not going to worry about my weight gain even though it is in the low catagory. If my doctor tells me to gain weight then I will, but for now I'm happy with it and I'm excited to be getting my bump!

1 comment:

Mercedes said...

I gained sixty pounds and it all came off. I think everyones body is different, so I ignored the charts. Baby bumps are so cool aren't they!