Monday, November 3, 2008

I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES!!!

I thought I had this all worked out. Apparently not. My insurance company has had a couple weeks to review my files and to decide if they are going to cover my maternity or not. They have to. It's part of my policy. So I recieved a bill from the clinic this weekend. Nothing is covered and my bill is due. Great. I had to call this morning and I talked to the billing girl and she told me that she didn't know anything about the insurance part. I know that already. We established that the last time I talked to her. I just needed to know if I needed to go ahead and pay for the bill and then talk to the insurance company to see what was up. No. I can let the bill go for now. I did send in what was left from the infertility treatments so I'm not just completely letting the bill go. Again, I broke down and had to cry a little bit about all the stress of this. You would think that this would be a little bit easier, but alas. No. I'm so stressed about finances right now anyway and I really don't need this added stress. I did call my insurance company who told me that they didn't cover it because infertility isn't covered by my company. Thank you. We've been over this. I'm pregnant and you guys need to start covering my maternity! Is my information still under review or am I going to have to get mean about this? Oh. You're right. Your information is still under review. Maybe I need to light a stick of dynamite under their rear ends to get them to actually move at a decent pace.

Oh, and I called a daycare that is behind our company. $166.50 a week! And that's after a nice discount because I work where I do. That's never going to happen. I don't know what we are going to do. The place I wanted doesn't have an opening until the end of July and that spot isn't even garaunteed. The first garaunteed spot isn't until November. Ay yi yi. I'm still checking into a few home daycares. Less expensive is always good. I just hope I find one that I like. If I wasn't pregnant, I would go ahead and bang my head against my desk a couple hundred times.

4 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm sorry your having to deal with the stress of this all. Insurance companies do suck. We're trying to figure out if we should switch hubby to my insurance (since he has a deductible) or keep us separate (because oddly enough it's cheaper than the family version).

Day care is crazy!! A friend here spends close to $32K a year with 2 kids. Insane.

Miss Tori said...

It's too bad that I can't help you with your insurance issues. I do this stuff all the time. Can you get some help from your HR folks (or your DH's HR folks if the insurance is through his employer)? They can help sometimes, or ask if the agent who wrote the insurance can help.

Sorry it's been such a pain in the butt.

Nikki said...

I think insurance companies specially hire a department to mess with patients' emotions. I have some very interesting stories of "conversations" with my insurance company. And remember, you HAVE to get on top of the issue. Keep calling them till they take care of your issue. Don't wait for them to sort it out - they may not.

Good luck!

Hollie said...

I'm sorry you have to deal with all this. I can't believe the insurance company is giving you so much trouble. You should definitely talk to your HR dept. You could also try getting a supervisor on the phone when you call insurance. I hope you gets things straight. Wow. I guess I'm lucky that daycare - in a registered center - here is under $100 a week. Just keep looking. You still have time