Saturday, July 6, 2013

Kiev, Ukraine Journal - 3-18-1998 and 3-19-1998

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 15! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

3-18-1998

It's great to be back over here again. As always, I didn't have any jet lag. Everyone is mad at me for it. LOL. J/K. We went to the bizzarre to buy a bunch of junk. Marmie says that if we buy enough today for a while we won't have to come back for a big trip again. I hope we don't ahve to go a lot. The bizarre was...bizzarre as usual. These people are so rude. The push and shove and are just idiotic. I was about to yell at the Ukranian behind me but it wouldn't do any good because he wouldn't be able to understand me. The meat market wasn't as terrible as usual. It's usually really busy but it wasn't when we went. The smell was herendous (sp?). I hope I sleep a full night tonight. I know I probably will so I'm not all that worried about it. The bus drivers here are terrible! They must drink vodka all night then drive the bus in the morning. Weaga and I have an inside joke about that. We always crack up when we look at each other and the people around us give us these awful looks. If looks could kil....Garmatna is the same as always. Igor isn't that bad...Weaga just thinks that. I hate singing because it is so easy to mess up when there is Russian singing also.

*Marmie is a nickname my sister and I use for my mother. Weaga is a nickname I used for R.

3-19-1998

It was a slow day up until we went to Houm and Shawna's for supper. I started the twin's gift. K2 is so big! Of course with twins....I got a bunch of one of the babys on the bib done. It's a cute little cross stitch thing. We went to Houm and Shawna's flat at about 4:00. It's so cute inside. The previous owners left the furniture and things so they didn't have to buy any. The living room is hilarious! The wallpaper is this pretty Victorian print but of one wall there is this huge beach scene going on. Then the curtains were white with a bunch of fall leaves on them. It was hilarious looking. It's like a lot of good taste mingled in with Ukranian taste. LOL. Then going home Dad got lost and tried to blame it one us all. Enough said.

*Houm is a nickname I used to use for my brother, Jeremy.

No comments: