Saturday, February 23, 2013

Kiev, Ukraine Journal - 3-26-1996 and 3-27-1996

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 14! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

3-26-1996

Today we babysat A, C, and S. I played the computer and watched Pocahontas. K1 has a really neat game called chips. You have to go around and colect all the chips to get to the next floor. It is a great game. At four o'clock mom came and got us. We went to our flat and got the chili. Then we went back to the Ss. C came and got Michelle there. Then we ate tacos and chili. It was a wierd variety. After we ate we had Banana Splits with chocolate chip ice cream, hot fudge, and pineapples. It was really good. After supper and desert we played a really neat game called mind trap. It was a game where you had to solve wierd questions. Even though my team lost it was fun. :-)

3-27-1996

Today we went to the Cs around 10:00. We watched the sound of music. It was a really good movie. After we watched that we took R and a grumpy Michelle to St. Andrews street. I bought some key chains and a shirt with the Russian alphabet on the back and on the front was a Koca Kola slogan in Russian. Mom bought a shirt and Doll. R bought 4 metrouskas and 4 key chains for her friends in Tiawan. Michelle was just grumpy all that time. R was so rude to them. She would look at their stuff and they would try to get her to buy something and she wouldn't talk to them. She would just walk away. She knew how to shop on that street. We went to Centre again tonight. :-)

*R's family were missionaries in Taiwan for several years before moving to Kiev.

No comments: