Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Excuses and Happenings

Don't you hate meaningless excuses?

I do.

I would give you a bunch of excuses of why I haven't blogged, but the fact of the matter is that blogging has taken a back seat in my life right now.

Since opening my shop in October, I've had a pretty steady stream of business (YAY!). With that and with taking care of Chloe Jo, Worship and Bible class obligations, friends, and all the other activities I am involved in, something had to give and it seems like blogging became that something.

I'm not ready to let this endeavor go, though. I'm just not going to be posting as much as I had been.

Anywho, now that that is out of the way...

I have exciting news!

A few weeks ago, I bought an embroidery machine!!!

I have been having a great time getting to know my new machine and I just recently started taking embroidery orders. I'm definitely still learning, but the embroidery is coming out good enough that I feel good selling it. I honestly didn't think this would happen for a very long time, but things just fell into place and I was able to take the plunge. My Mom and sister went in on it with me, but I get to keep it at my house and use it for my shop.

This is one of the first things I did on it. It is just a test piece.

In other news, my little monkey is as fun and wonderful as ever! She is turning 4 in a couple of short months. Ack! How did that happen!?!

She is going to start 4K in September so I have been trying to get her interested in a few things. She is interested in writing every now and then so I try to capitalize on those brief windows. I printed this page out for her a couple of weeks ago. She did really good with it. The last one is completely hers. I helped her with the first 2.

I also taught her how to use scissors. She loves this! I tried drawing lines on the paper for her to cut and she would do it for about 5 seconds and then go back to cutting confetti. Ha!

That's it for now, ya'll! I have an order I need to get done today and I have yet to get cleaned up or help Chloe Jo get ready for the day!

No comments: