Saturday, February 9, 2013

Kiev, Ukraine Journal - 3-22-1996 and 3-23-1996

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 14! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

3-22-1996

Today we met R, S, and A at our metro to go to Geedro Park. None of the rides were open. But we got in the gate for the cages. R and I went around 20 times. It was great. We met the Boys around 12:00. We all got shishkabobs. They were really good. Then I took A across some ice that was in the way. He fell and when I tried to get him up he would slip again. He laid in the ice for about 30 seconds. Then I got made fun of because of it. I was so mad at C and J. They can be two great guys one second and then another second they are total jerks. When we got home Anatolie asked Michelle and I to go to the lavra with him, Vadime, Marina, and Lacia. The lavra is a Orthodox monostary. All the building had gold tops. It was really bueatiful. After we went through a tunnel with a bunce of dead people we got to keep the candles as souveniers. It was awesome. After that we all went to see the Mother Ukraine. Then Anatole took us home. :-)

3-23-1996

About 10:00 in the morning C and R came over. C come to pick up Michelle for a date. R came to play or get together with me. We played poker with nerds all afternoon. At 2:15 R left to go help the Ss get ready for Rs party that was over here. I helped mom make a prune bush and I frosted a birthday cake. R turned 40. Also I made a banner out of Russian toilet paper that said "Over the Hill and Startin' down the other side." When we sang happy birthday the Ns sand their version. B sang another song someone from her congregation made up. It was really cute. That night we had roast beef with barbecue for supper. It was pretty good. After we ate K asked a lot of over the hill questions. :-)

No comments: