Friday, September 23, 2011

My Recipe Box: Cheesy Vegetable Rotini

I have to tell you a secret. I clip the recipes out of magazines and coupon booklets. Eek! For real, though, they are usually the best recipes. Easy and delicious. Except for Wednesday evening. I tried a new chicken and rice recipe and it was awful. The rice didn't cook through like it was supposed to and I even left it on the heat for an extra 15 minutes. We ate it anyway, but next time I will cook it halfway before adding it to the skillet. Anyway, on to the recipe!
Cheesy Vegetable Rotini

Ingredients:
2 cups cold water
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot blend
1 can (10 oz.) Rotel, drained
1/2 lb. (8 oz.) Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes

Add water to skillet and bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Add pasta; stir. Cover; simmer on medium-low heat 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add remaining ingredients; stir. Cook, covered, 5 to 7 minutes or until Velveeta is completely melted and vegetables are crisp-tender; stirring frequently.

I am never afraid to add ingredients or take away ingredients. I love to experiment and usually it works out fine. This recipe originally called for chicken and I made it that way the first time. We decided we liked it better without, though so I nixed it. And I add a little bit more Velveeta than it calls for.

Enjoy!

No comments: