Sunday, February 20, 2011

I'm not flattered.

For the last week, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous here. So gorgeous that Chloe Jo and I have been going to the park almost every day. After church services today, I left CJ at home with Daddy and I went to the park to walk. A while after I got there, a silver truck and a black SUV pulled up. They happened to pull in on the side of the park that I was walking on at that particular moment. A teenage guy gets out of the silver truck and walks over to the SUV. The driver of the SUV (also a teenager) stands up through the sunroof (like a jack-in-the-box)! And this is what happened:

Mr. Popgoestheweasel: "Hey there..." (yeah, like Joey from Friends)

Me (looked around to make sure he was talking to me): "Uh, hey." and I kept on walking.

Mr. Popgoestheweasel: "Yeah, that isn't rude."

Okay Mr. Popgoestheweasel: First of all, I'm almost 30 years old. It's a little Creepy McCreeperson of you to try to flirt with me in the park. Second, the completely flat bill on your hat is oh-so-not-cool. Third, the rap about the KKK you have playing in your car is completely inappropriate. All in all, I'm not flattered by your paltry attempt at flirting. Mmmkay?

1 comment:

C said...

This happens to me all the time..ha ha ha. I feel like telling them "If I had a baby when a lot of Indians do, you would have been my son's age lol. These kids God!