Monday, August 11, 2014

Tea for Three

We have been trying to make the most of the last couple of weeks of summer vacation. I'm not looking forward to loosing my little sidekick once school starts.

One thing Chloe Jo wanted to do was to have a tea party. I got into the attic on Saturday and brought down the box with the tea set we used for her 4th birthday tea party. She didn't remember the set so it was like getting to open something new for her!

Before we could get to the party, though, we decided to make a snack to go along with it. Friday evening, we were watched Julia Child make Irish Soda Bread and we decided we wanted to try it.

Stir, stir, stir.
 This recipe only had 4 ingredients (part of the appeal) and looked super easy to make.


 Another nice thing about this recipe is that we didn't have to knead it or wait for it to rise. We just made a round loaf, plopped it into the dish and popped it into the oven.


It isn't the prettiest bread I've ever made, but it smelled yummy.



I cut a few slices off of the loaf and we set the table for our tea party.





Cheers!

Our soda bread was delicious and it was perfectly paired with the strawberry jam Chloe Jo and I made. We also made lemonade to drink instead of tea. Chloe Jo hates drinking anything warm or hot.





Even Daddy enjoyed himself. No tea party would be complete without funny accents and little fingers sticking up in the air. Chloe Jo thought Mommy and Daddy were hilarious.

1 comment:

April said...

So cute! I look forward to doing tea parties with my little girl!