Friday, May 10, 2013

Spring is Springing

I have been loving this week! We have gotten lots of rain and lots of sunshine. Praise God for the wonderful weather we have been having. We spent a good portion of our day outside today and yesterday. I love springtime when flowers bloom, trees get their leaves and the grass greens. It is my favorite time of year!

Since we were outside today, I repotted a plant for my back porch. I also painted my nails, filled the bird feeder, gave our trees a drink and played basketball and frisbee. I love days like today.

I've been so excited to watch my rose bushes blooming this week. Pretty soon they are going to be completely covered in hot pink roses!



I also have been amazed at my hens and chicks. I've had them for over a year now and all of a sudden, they just decided to say "heeeeeey! Look at meeeee!" They are getting way too big for the strawberry planter, but I'm not exactly sure how to get them out of it now!


Do you remember the saplings I planted a few weeks ago? They are leaving now!!! This is so exciting because I am not really that great at keeping plants alive! I kind of can't believe these little trees are doing so well already. Now to get them through our scorching summers...



It was so beautiful today that we decided to eat supper outside this evening.

 

We have been doing a few things to spruce up our porch area lately and this wreath was a project I did this week. That blank wall definitely needed something!


I tried a new recipe I got off of pinterest tonight and it turned out fantastic. Chicken chimichangas are one of Russ' favorite things to get at Mexican restaurants and he loved them! YUM!


I've given Chloe Jo a bath and she is now watching a movie before bed while I try to catch up on blogging. Sure did love this day!

No comments: