Monday, December 19, 2011

Productive Day!

I don't know about you all, but I've had a very productive day! Okay, I haven't really done that much, but what I have done has taken time! This morning, Chloe Jo and I went to the library and I checked out a couple more books from my Top 100 list that I have been working on. I just finished Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison which brings my total up to 28 books read. So....only 72 to go. That's not too many more, right? Heh. Today I checked out Native Son by Richard Wright and Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell. I'm not sure why I felt compelled to get them both since they are both big reads. Oh well. If I can't get to them both before they are due it's no big deal.

After the library we went to the local Wall-to-Wall-Mart to pick up a few essentials for this week. I didn't do the normal grocery shopping. I think we can get by on what is in our cabinets and refrigerator until we leave on Thursday. We have to go back tonight so Russ can get a couple of desperately needed jeans.

After we got home I dragged out my sewing machine and got to work on making some burp rags my sister asked me to make for the soon-to-be-born baby Brenson. I like how they turned out and I hope she does too.
I just zig-zagged the edges of the fabric onto the middle of the cloth diaper.
While this project was very basic and easy, I did 6 of them so it was time consuming.

After I finished the burp rags, I had enough of the flannel fabric with the animals left over to try a new project. I was surfing a few weeks ago and came across this pattern and I have been wanting to try it out. I thought the first pair I made had too small of a hole and would cut off circulation to the feet so I ended up giving that pair to Chloe Jo for a baby doll and made a second pair that turned out much better. I also decided to put the giraffes on the sole of the second pair. I think they turned out so cute!

When little guy has tummy time these giraffes will be there to entertain big sister!

And that's what I've been doing today. Now to finish supper and off to Wall-To-Wall-Mart we'll go!

1 comment:

Chelley N said...

Seriously, the booties are soooo cute. And the burp rags came out perfectly!