Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Recipe Box: Armadillo Eggs

One of the things I made on Saturday for the Christmas party were armadillo eggs. I had never made them myself, but I had ate them a few times before and really wanted to try making them myself. I had to search the internet for a recipe and finally found one and printed it off (I found it on allrecipes.com). They turned out so good!
Armadillo Eggs

2 12 oz. packages ground sausage
1 8 oz. packages cream cheese softened
30 jalapeno peppers
1 pound sliced bacon, cut in half
60 toothpicks

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place ground sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain sausage and place in medium bowl. Mix with the cream cheese. Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Stuff each jalapeno half with equal portions of the sausage and cream cheese mixture. Wrap with half slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks. Arrange on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes or until the bacon is evenly brown.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I've never heard of these before!! I might have to make them since I'm supposed to bring an appetizer for Christmas dinner.