Thursday, April 29, 2010

Shredding Take 2

A while back I blogged about starting the 30 Day Shred. At that time my heart just wasn't into shredding and I gave up after the first few tries. I didn't even get through the whole work-out then! A couple of weeks ago, my sister (who just had a baby a couple of months ago) decided to go on Weight Watchers. My Mom has already been doing Weight Watchers and they wanted me to join in their dieting to help support them. I didn't take that personally. I'm always watching what I eat and I've gained a few pounds...okay 10...since I stopped breastfeeding. Anyway, so I started the diet and The Shred on the 19th of April and have been really good so far! I know that isn't really that great of an accomplishment since I'm only on Day 11, but I'm okay with that. I decided that I'm going to weigh on Mondays since I'm usually pretty bad on the weekends. This will help me be better about what I eat. I am also on Day 11 of the Shred and I've been going strong. I've been making myself get through it and I'm getting better at the exercises and stretching. I'm not going to move up until I am really comfortable so my 30 Day Shred may become a 60 Day Shred or longer. I don't care as long as I'm doing something. It feels so good to work out every day and I also usually will walk to the park with Chloe Jo so we can get some good old vitamin D and play outside. Our pool is open and the maintenance guys are working on getting it cleaned and the pH balanced. Hopefully it will be open to swim soon so I can get some exercise in that way, too. I started at 168.5 pounds (I'm 5'10 so I am not in the overweight category) and on Monday I was down 3 pounds. I know I am gaining some in muscle mass so 3 pounds is great! I am doing Slim Fast and really trying to get all my fruit and veggies in every day. I am drinking all the water I need and that is helping my portion control tremendously. Hopefully I will be able to lose my goal of 10 pounds over a month and then I will go from there and see if I want to lose any more after that. I love being so active and I love being able to accomplish my goals! What do you do to lose weight or for exercise?

3 comments:

Mazzy said...

Keep going. The Shred is HARD. So hard. Like I said, even for someone who runs long distance all the time, it is a killer workout. I do really want to punch her in the face, she's all smirking and if she says "don't phone this in" one more time... :)

I love breaking a good sweat! And I love that the Shred is only 20 minutes, it goes by so fast.

Misty Dawn said...

I want to try the 30 day Shred!! Well we are doing Isagenix to lose weight. We were successful when we started in Sept/Oct but totally came off for vaca and didn't get back on it. Now DH has to lose weight due to his high BP so I'm hoping that he is more supportive and not as much as a distraction. Last night I "tried" to do my abs of steel video and only got through the 3rd sequence of exercises, about 20-25 mins. Can't wait to be able to do the whole thing.

Lauren said...

Just wanted to wish you well, Lisa. Keep up the good work!

Lauren