Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Opportunity

I was contacted on Etsy by a woman in my hometown who is opening up a store here. She is searching for vendors to rent out spaces in her store and asked me if I would like to be included. I haven't responded yet. I'm seriously thinking about it. It would be nice to contribute to our family financially while I'm a stay at home mom. The things that concern me are:

1. Would it become a chore to make items for the store every so often? I would hate for it to become work instead of play for me.

2. I don't know how much she is wanting to rent the space for so I would definitely have to find out!

3. Will my items really sell? I have only sold one thing on Etsy and that was to my sister just so my account would show that I sold an item.

I need to contact the lady and talk to her about this. First and foremost I need to at least find out how much she is renting spaces for. I just don't know how well I would do with that. I'm a little reluctant to try because I don't want to lose any money doing this. Who knows? Maybe it will really take off!

No comments: