Friday, March 7, 2008

And Another One Bites the Dust

I've been on a habit kick since May of last year. My Mom and I call diets "habits" because we are building good eating habits, not dieting. I've been striving to be healthier and stay away from foods and drinks that are potentially harmful. For example, I've given up soda's of any kind, cut way back on fried foods and sweets, and cut back on portions. I also enjoy daily walks during my lunch period. So, I was wearing a pair of black slacks that were just too big yesterday. They were practically falling off my hips. Those were my last decent pair of black slacks. So, naturally, I went shopping last night. Those slacks happened to be 2 sizes too big. I knew I needed a smaller size, but I was really excited to need 2 smaller sizes. That means that I have lost another dress size. YEA!!!!! So far, I've lost 4 dress sizes and my goal is to lose 3 more. Once I had a real heart to heart with myself and told myself, "self, food isn't worth it," everything fell into place. I'm healthier, happier, and I have a much better attitude.

No comments: