Friday, August 3, 2012

Show Us Your Life: Window Treatments

Today, I am linking up with Kelly's Korner for Show Us Your Life.

The topic this week is Window Treatments.

The kitchen and dining area are the rooms with the most windows in our house. I think the treatments we chose (Russ actually picked the design) are perfect!

 The two windows on the flat wall are much wider than the other four so the long drapery panels worked great for them. 

The narrow windows just needed a little something-something so I chose to go with the valances for those.

This is Chloe Jo's room. She has had these curtains for a couple of years and I love them. They match a bright, girls room perfectly!

This is the master bedroom. I know they are just dark blue and not interesting, but I love them.

The craft/guest room is the room I had the most difficulty with the window. I love the idea of these round-on-top windows, but they are really impractical. I looked into getting a nice permanent blind for the top, but they were so expensive that we opted to not go that route at this time.

The temporary blind we did put up is too small, but it is just going to have to work for now. We'll fix it eventually!

Link up {here} to play along!

3 comments:

April said...

All those windows look great. Love your dining area has so many.

SILLy stories!! said...

I am originally from the great state of OKlahoma! Are you an OU fan?! Anyway, I am visiting from Kelly's Korner and just wanted to comment on your purple polka dot curtains. They are too cute. I also really liked your idea of putting fabric in a cross stitch frame. Thanks for sharing!!

His Doorkeeper said...

Enjoyed seeing your curtains. I am a preacher's wife too! We have a "half moon" window too and I just keep it open because, like you, it would cost too much to have a custom made window treatment! But I like it with nothing over it anyway!!

Blessings!