Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oh How Pinteresting!

Today I am linking up with The Vintage Apple for Oh How Pinteresting!

Last Sunday night we had a meeting after worship services to discuss this years VBS. We all received our teaching materials and Chelley and I immediately started brainstorming ideas for decorations, games and crafts. Our theme this year is Hunting for Treasure: Finding Gems in the Book of Proverbs.

Here are a few fun things I pinned to help us prepare!

This first picture is from Oriental Trading Company (I didn't actually pin it so there isn't a link). We are going to try to build our own boat and pier for the front of the auditorium and make the anchor and ships wheel to flank the entrance.

This bag is something I am planning on doing for a craft one night. I haven't decided what we are going to fill it with, yet, but it will definitely coordinate with the Bible lesson.
I am hoping to copy this classroom door. I think it is so fun!


My sister and I think this will be fun for the foyer. We are going to tea-dye muslin and glue it to a foam board. We are also going to tea-dye a large piece of muslin and make a treasure map for the hall.
Source: hwtm.com via Lisa on Pinterest


We think we can use this idea for a game. We will write a number on each "treasure" and it will coordinate with a question about the lesson.


Love this message in a bottle idea! We will write a Bible verse on it.


The last night we are really wanting to coordinate a scavenger hunt for the children. This is just an idea of how to make clues for the classes.


We are really looking forward to doing our VBS this year. I love teaching class and I think the crafts and games we have come up with so far are going to be great. And, of course, Proverbs is always a great book to study!

Link up {here} and show us what you are pinning!

4 comments:

Angie said...

I absolutely love taking my kids to VBS! Always such a wonderful time for them. Cute idea- you could fill the bag with tokens. Each time the kids listened & participated in an activity they could be given a token for the bag. At the end of each night they could trade their tokens in for small (cheap) prizes. Just a thought!!!

April said...

What a neat theme for VBS. I love when you get a good theme and you can just run with it. Sounds like you will have a fun class to be in.

Courtney said...

The crafts look great! I'm glad you're posting again, I missed reading about how things are going. Welcome back.

Cheryl said...

This sounds like a fun VBS! We haven't started planning ours yet but we will have to get on it pretty soon. Love, love, love Oriental Trading!