Thursday, October 30, 2008

Can I Ask You A Question?

Do you remember the survey my Dad filled out about me? There was a question that I said I would have to blog about because the story is funny. Well, here's the story!

When my Mom, sis, and I did the Memory Walk for alzheimer's, my Mom and sis were really on me about keeping hydrated. I felt like I was, but they didn't think I was drinking enough water. I had drank a whole bottle during the walk which was three miles and needed to go to the restroom. It wasn't bad, but it would have been if I downed another bottle of water. They wouldn't let up so I finally drank a second bottle of water. By the time we left, my bladder was about to explode! We decided to go get some lunch at El Chico. We were in a part of town that I'm not too familiar with and I was driving. By the way, the seat belt did nothing to help my full bladder. Unfortunately I took a wrong turn and we ended up going west when I needed to be going east. So I decided to turn around. Mom pointed out a gas station that was just a little ways ahead and said that I could use the restroom there. Great! So I drove into the parking lot and parked beside a car that had one door open and there was an African American man sitting in the passenger seat. I jump out of the car, in a total hurry to get in and the guy stops me. This dude was creepy. He had dred locks and he looked like he hadn't showered in a while. Yes, I'm judging. Sue me. He stops me and says, "Hey lady, can I ask you a question?" My mind wasn't working real well at that point. All I could think about was emptying my bladder so I said "NO!" and ran inside. As I was going inside I heard my car's doors locking. Uh oh. What did I do? I didn't have time to look back to see what was going on because I was a few seconds away from bursting. I go to the restroom (which took about 20 minutes and I just needed to pee) and I come back out and creepy guy is gone. Sigh. I got back in the car and Mom and Chelley just looked at me. What? "Lisa, what did you say to that guy???" "I told him he couldn't ask me a question." Apparently, the dude was completely bewildered at my rudeness (let's just call it what it was). Maybe I should have handled that situation a little differently, but we sure get some good laughs at the story!

No comments: