Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Add this to the "creepy things" list

So, last night Russ took me to Hobby Lobby. As you all could probably guess, this is not Russ's favorite store to go to. I went to the scrapbooking section and he left to wander around. He comes back to where I was a few minutes later and starts complaining about this psycho following him around. I kind of blew it off because Russ can get paranoid and this was just par for the course. So, we move on to look at the embossing powders and this seriously creepy dude with an angel statue in one arm and a gilded cross in the other comes to the end of the aisle and stares at us. I'm glued to the spot and am staring at the embossing powders, but not really seeing anything but Creepy Man. He then proceeds to hold up the cross at us like he is warding off vampires! He does this for a minute or two then sets the angel and cross down in the middle of the end of the aisle and waddles off. I was so creeped out that I was afraid to even leave the aisle thinking he was going to be hiding and waiting to follow us around. He totally crossed the threshold of "creepy" to "what if we are killed in a Hobby Lobby by some angel/cross-carrying maniac!" Yikes! Now, that's creepy. I'm surprised he didn't have a necklace of garlic around his neck...though Hobby Lobby was probably fresh out.

3 comments:

Chelley N said...

Ok, seriously? In Hobby Lobby of all places...

Mercedes said...

That was just Tony trying to say hi. : )

Anonymous said...

Makes you wonder what the attraction was that he had to Russ? Totally weird.
AND, I just saw your pictures of the spa thing. YOU LOOK GREAT!!! I am so proud of you. Hugs!!!