Friday, October 19, 2012

The Thunder Rolls!

Tonight Russ, Chloe Jo and I got to go to a pre-season Oklahoma City Thunder basketball game! Some friends had several extra tickets and gave us 3! It was so much fun!

The Thunder played the Phoenix Suns at the BOK Center in Tulsa. I've never been (or can't remember going...I went to a hockey game in Tulsa when I was in college but I can't remember where it was at) to the BOK Center and was kind of amazed at how big it is! The announcer said there were 18,000 people there!

We loved yelling and cheering for our team!

It was a sea of blue in that stadium. I kind of wanted to cheer for the Suns a little just for moral support. NO ONE was there for them.

We also enjoyed all of the fun time-out and half-time fun. This is the Thunder mascot being a bowling ball!

I talked to Chloe Jo a lot today about how loud it was going to be and how we weren't going to be scared. She was very unhappy for about 5 seconds, just enough to say "it's too youd!" Then she realized everyone was clapping and cheering and she thought that looked like fun after all. At the end of the night she had had a great time!

I thought this picture turned out so cute!

And this one not so much. And it was the 3rd try.

The best part of the night was that The Thunder won!

I hope your Friday evening was fantastic! Have a great rest of the weekend, Peeps!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Yay for the Thunder! We hope to make a trip to OKC to see them play sometime this season. Glad you enjoyed the game.